Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Consulate visit with soap thrown in.

The process is moving. Tomorrow we go to the Consulate in Frankfurt and file a form. The kicker is its 750.00 to give the form. CRAZY! But, its all worth it when we get to hold our little one. We are excited, and feel the anticipation mounting. We are arranging the guest room in our house to make it a child's room. Also paint is going up on the wall, (blue) but with green and other colors. This will make it more child friendly.
Can you feel the excitement growing? I am envisioning being a mom (although technically I am with children in Heaven) and what my day will entitle. I also anticipate people giving me advice, and how I will respond.
Today someone asked about the adoption, and gave Dan a horror story about Russia. While there heart may be in the right spot, its so not helpful to share the horrors. Its like me saying to someone oh let me tell you the horror stories I have heard about being pregnant. Where is the encouragement?

Anyhow, I will get off my soap box. All this to say, its super helpful to be encouraging, and if you have something negative to say, think first as to if it will be helpful and not scarring.

Please pray as we try and get our forms turned in. I will post tomorrow and let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment