Monday, August 18, 2014

Longings and a BIG love

So many of you have seen that our friends are in China right now getting their 2 boys. I am so excited for them! Literally every time I pray, I turn into a puddle of tears. It makes me long for the day that we will get Lily Hope. What will it be like, what will I feel? Its such a joy being able to be a part of our friends journey to their boys! 

Yesterday I was driving and was struck with 2 things. 
First, its totally the Lord that I love our daughter so much that we have never met. The Lord is knitting our hearts even now. I was amazed at the amount of love that I have for her. That we have for her as I shared with Dan last night. 

Second, I was struck with some shortcomings I have that the Lord gently pointed out that will need to change before we get Lily. Believe it or not, our Cat has taught us some things about it. So Barnabas, (the encourager) you have encouraged us to be better parents. I know there are a ton of things daily that we will realise when we get Lily Hope, but for now, I am content with what the Lord is doing. 

We are awaiting photos from the agency we sent a cake and photo album through. The orphanage will  have a little birthday party for her with her friends. Its amazing that it will be the first time she will see our photos! As soon as I get them, be sure to know that I will post them here. 

We are in awe of the support of our friends and community. We are awaiting to share about what Camp Humphrey's collected to bring Lily Hope home! Stay tuned! 


For now, let me share a little about our Lily Hope.  We do know in September she will be getting an exam in China for an update! 

She is currently at The Social Welfare Institute of Fangchenggang City
 Police Station of Dongxing City got a note saying a abandoned baby girl with cleft lip and palate was found on the gate of Lilong supermarket.  A red packet was found beside the girl, who was labeled the DOB: Aug.15, 2009. After long time of searching, both the born parents and relatives of the child were not found. On the same day, Lily Hope  was sent to Fangchenggang City Children’s Welfare Institute.

The current update on her size: 
90cm, 12kg, 47cm head, 51cm chest, 13cm foot

We look forward in sharing more when we get more! 


Thank you for joining us on this journey to bring Lily Hope home! 



No comments:

Post a Comment